In order for the pool to bring joy and pleasure from swimming, it is necessary to carefully monitor the quality and purity of water. This cannot be done without the correct and phased use of water care products. Let's try to understand the main stages of pool water treatment so as not to have problems with it.
General points of maintaining clean water in the pool
Many frame pools of well-known manufacturers are already equipped with pumps and other means of mechanical water treatment. Or you can purchase cleaning filters with pumps separately. However, it is obvious that one filtering system can not do. In addition to dust, dirt, sand and leaves, such troubles appear in the pool as:
- microorganisms (including pathogenic),
- organic pollution,
- turbidity of water
- odor, etc.
If the leaves floating on the surface, it is quite simple to collect a regular net, then algae and various organisms can not be so easily removed. Here, the owner will come to the aid of chemicals specially designed to purify the pool water and maintain it in a healthy condition.
There are still skeptical opinions that such funds are harmful to human health. However, acquiring modern drugs of bona fide manufacturers, you can not worry about this. Since pool chemistry is being developed with all safety requirements in mind.
Many drugs have been developed to remove germs, unicellular organisms, and other undesirable environments. The most famous of them, widely used and proven as effective, are made on the basis of chlorine. The following disinfectants deserved positive reviews:
- Chlorofix (granules).
- Chloritex (quick-release tablets).
- Chloroxone (granules).
- Emoex (liquid in canisters of different capacities).
- Longafor (tablets of long action).
When dosing drugs according to the instructions, there is no discomfort when bathing, dry skin, etc. The smell of chlorine is also minimal or completely absent. And the effectiveness of chlorine-based cleaning agents has long been proven, this chemical reaction is called cold combustion.
Tip. Chlorination of water is necessary if the pool has not been cleaned for a long time or the water temperature has been kept at a level above 28 ° C for a long time. Under such conditions, replacing chlorine with analogues is extremely difficult.
Actively creates a lot of new generation products, which do not include chlorine. Good reviews have the following modern cleaning methods:
- bromine treatment
- active oxygen
- magnetic field, etc.
The appearance and further growth of algae in the basin is a serious inconvenience that can turn into a big problem. The first signs of unwanted vegetation in your body of water:
- Turbidity of the water.
- Slimy bottom and walls.
- Water color change.
- The appearance of characteristic green crystals.
Many chemicals have been created that inhibit the growth of algae and fungi. Means that deserve especially good reviews and have proven their effectiveness:
These and other drugs help fight algae, but work best as prevention. If you use them during, even before the mass reproduction of algae, you can completely avoid trouble. Contrary to popular belief, it is necessary to use algaecide-based products not only in street frame pools, but also in reservoirs under the roof.
It is about maintaining the recommended acid-base level that pool owners often forget. This is a big mistake, because an overly acidic reaction of the water causes discomfort during swimming. May cause itching, redness of the skin, irritation of the mucous membranes. A low ph level contributes to the destruction of tiles. Metal parts in contact with water rust much faster in water with an alkaline reaction. The walls and bottom of the pool are covered with limescale, which is quite difficult to remove.
Tip. In case of excessive occurrence of limescale, it is recommended to use water hardness stabilizers or special means for its removal.
Various testers have been developed to determine the acidity of water. They can be in the form of a litmus test or complex, capable of determining not only ph, but also the level of chlorine. The first time you use the pool, it is recommended to measure acidity more often. It will be convenient to record indicators and doses of drugs that reduce or increase ph. Thus, using observations, you can develop your own scheme of maintaining water in perfect condition.
Moderate and careful use of special preparations for swimming pools allows you to enjoy swimming all season. Caring for the bowl will become much easier, and changing the water less often. But we must not forget about replacing the filters. An integrated approach to water treatment and pollution prevention will give the best result.
Purpose and mode of action
To correctly determine the mechanism of influence, it is worth remembering that algae are primitive microorganisms by organisms. This feature was guided by specialists, creating a substance that stops their development, up to death.
This is very important when caring for a swimming pool and decorative pond.
These structures have one thing in common, they have stagnant water. Such conditions are most favorable for the development of algae with a sufficient supply of light and heat.
Important!The name of the drugs in this group comes from the Latin designation of algae - Algae.
Release form and environmental impact
The drugs differ not only in name but also in structure. They are released in solid tableted form, like powder or liquid. In addition to the form, algaecides are distinguished by methods of action.
|Category||What is the impact|
|Antibiotics||When creating these drugs was used biological proximity of algae to certain bacteria. The advantages of this group of tools in the effective destruction of algae. But, if the water treated by it falls into the ground, it will destroy the beneficial microflora synthesizing humus. It is strictly forbidden to use such a liquid for watering plants, it is drained into a collector for drainage.|
|Biocides||Compared to antibiotics, algae are eliminated much faster.|
Very dangerous for soil microorganisms, and a concentrated solution can destroy even higher plants and aquatic inhabitants. That is why they can not be used for irrigation, and is also not used in reservoirs where there are fish and other representatives of the aquatic fauna. Most often used only for cleaning swimming pools.
|The action of the drugs is based on the synthesis of phosphorus-containing substances in a state inaccessible to algae. Due to which microorganisms die from a lack of nutrition. Unfortunately, such an atmosphere negatively affects aquatic plants and fish. In this connection, humates should not be used to clean decorative and natural bodies of water. Thus, these funds are suitable only for cleaning pools.|
|Oxidants||Substances that oxidize water. A characteristic representative of this series is bleach. It is a well-known fact that in addition to the disinfecting effect, chlorine is harmful to humans. Getting on the mucous membrane, forms hydrochloric acid with the release of active oxygen, toxic to the human body.|
Excess element in the soil is detrimental to plants. Therefore, it is absolutely forbidden to water plants with chlorinated water!
|Glutaraldehyde||In his presence, protein formation in algae tissues cannot occur. Acts only on the group producing chlorophyll. For other species, preparations containing aldehyde. useless.|
Read more about the assortment of algicides and application features.
What to fight
Your main rivals in the fight for clean water are living bacteria and algae. By bacteria are meant various microbes and viruses. They can be harmful to human health. Cyanobacteria, the same algae, also like to live in the warm water of the tank. They do not carry danger, but swimming in a pool inhabited by green bacteria is simply unpleasant.
In cleaning, your main assistants will be the physical and chemical methods. The first includes using a filter, cleaning the bottom with an underwater vacuum cleaner, and the second adding chemicals to the water.
Note that the physical method is ineffective against microorganisms. It helps to get rid of small particles of dirt. Chemicals, on the contrary, are aimed at eliminating algae, viruses, fungi, and so on.
Why do we need algaecides?
To disinfect the water in the pool, chlorine is often added, less often, active oxygen and bromine-containing preparations. These agents fight excellent against living microorganisms. But cyanobacteria are protected by a special shell, thanks to which most organisms remain alive.
To purify water from algae as efficient as possible, algaecides are added to the water. Their task is to dissolve the cell membrane and give direct access to the disinfecting substance.
Thus, the water in the bowl is completely purified from microorganisms. The rest of the work is left to the filter and the underwater vacuum cleaner.
How to use anti-algae products?
To learn how to clean the pool from algae with the help of the drug, just take a look at the instructions. Often it is described in the sticker on the container in which the algicide is located.
Three options should be noted in the manual:
- To clean the walls and bottom of the bowl before starting the pool. Just dilute the right amount of substance in a bucket and use a sponge to apply the solution to the surface. This is a kind of prevention,
- Adding a clean pool to the water. If your pool is clean, then you still need to periodically add chemicals from cyanobacteria to it. If you don’t do this, then you’ll have to start the third method,
- Shock cleaning. When your pool starts to turn green or is already completely overgrown, first set the normal ph level, then add chlorine and a shock dose of algaecide. This approach will save you from vegetation in an artificial pond.
Everything is extremely simple and clear. See the concentration that is required in your case. The question remains: how to add a remedy for algae?
There are two options. They do not particularly differ in effectiveness, so you can use the one that is more convenient for you.
- The first way. We believe you need the amount of a chemical product in accordance with the volume of your bowl. We breed it in a bucket of water, and then pour the liquid from the bucket around the perimeter into the pool.
- The second way. We also measure the required amount of algaecide for the pool, and then immediately pour it into water. But you need to pour into the bowl in the place where the nozzle is located, which returns the water purified by the filter.
As you can see, the methods are very similar. There is only one sense - to distribute the drug evenly throughout the tank as quickly as possible.
Stage 4 - Adding a Coagulant (Improving Filtration)
To get rid of mechanical suspensions in the pool water (muddy water) use a coagulant. It “sticks together” the small particles present in the water into larger ones, thereby improving the filtration process.
Regular coagulation of water:
To keep your water crystal clear, use a coagulant in cartridges (Bayfl Superflock, Flocculant in hth cartridges). All you need to do is add a new cartouche every 5-10 days, depending on the frequency of use of the pool.
Shock coagulation of water (very dirty water):
to clean heavily contaminated water, use a liquid coagulant (Liquid Coagulant hth, Coagulant-Shock hth, Quickrol Bayrol).
Method 1: Slowly pour from 100 to 200 ml of coagulant into the pool skimmer and turn off the filtration for 15 minutes so that the product settles in the sand of the filter. Next, enable filtering for 12-24 hours in normal mode. Collect sediment deposited on the bottom of the pool with a hand vacuum cleaner and flush the filter. If the water is very dirty, repeat the operation before your water becomes crystal clear.
Method 2: With the filtration off, distribute from 100 to 200 grams of coagulant over the entire surface of the pool water using a watering can. Do not use the pool for at least 24-48 hours until flakes form on the bottom of the pool. Collect flakes from the bottom of the pool using a handheld vacuum cleaner. If the pool water is very muddy, repeat the operation until the water becomes crystal clear.
If you have questions about the use of funds for the pool or you cannot bring the pool water in order, write to us by e-mail - [email protected] We will be happy to help you!
Taking care of you and your pool - online store SPBPOOL.RU
If you do not monitor the pH of the water, you may encounter unpleasant problems. All about the ph level in pools in our article at the link below.
In order for the pool to enjoy swimming, it is necessary to carefully monitor the quality of the water. All stages of pool water treatment by special means in the article at the link below.
What if cyanobacteria are still alive?
In fact, there may be several reasons. But all of them are not critical, and they can simply be eliminated with your own hands. Let's deal with everyone in order.
- The ph level or, in other words, the acid-base balance is incorrectly adjusted. The norm is 7.2-7.6. We have already described how to regulate and measure this indicator in this article,
- Not enough disinfectant. It doesn’t matter if you use chlorine or anything else, but if you use it incorrectly, then there will be no benefit from algaecides,
- Shelf life of chemicals. Check the expiration dates indicated on the packaging. Perhaps the efficiency is greatly reduced due to a problem in one of the components of the chemical treatment,
- Other reasons. There are many reasons, but if you checked everything from the above, and the result does not suit you, then once again pay attention to the instructions for algicide. It indicates how much concentration should be increased if the pool is still green. The problem may lie in this.
Everything is simple. Keep track of ph, expiration date and avoid mistakes in calculating the desired concentration. And all will be well.
- Transparent, odorless and tasteless liquid
- Acid-base pH balance - neutral,
- When using foam do not form,
- The composition of the drug does not include copper,
- It does not decompose in the light and from exposure to high temperature,
- Validity is long.
How to choose algicide for your pool?
- Foam or not. We don’t need excess foam in the pool, therefore we give priority to those products that do not raise foam on the surface of the water,
- Dependence and effects on alkaline acid balance. In the best case, algicide does not change the level of ph in any way, and its effectiveness depends on this indicator to a lesser extent,
- Consumption. Read the instructions and figure out how much money you have to spend for a certain period. Perhaps it’s more profitable to take the drug that is more expensive, but its consumption is several times less,
- Manufacturer. Of course, it is better to purchase products from a trusted brand, but you should not overpay for the logo either. Read the reviews and choose a remedy for your reservoir.
We are sure that now you will have no problems with the choice. If you have any questions, feel free to ask their seller. In good stores, they understand and tell you what’s what.
We analyzed as much as possible all the information about algaecides for the pool and put it on the shelves. Now you know how to choose a remedy for algae, how to use it and what to do when cyanobacteria still live.
The sequence of application for the prophylactic control of algae before filling the pool with water:
|Step 1.||Prepare a 10% solution (at the rate of 10 ml of the drug per 100 g of water),|
|Step 2||Treat the side surfaces and the bottom, pay special attention to the corners and seams of the coating.|
|Step 3||Fill the pool with water with control of acid-base balance, pH - 7 - 7.5.|
|Step 4||Add Chlorine-containing Crystal Pool Quick Chlorine Tablets.|
Application rates for ongoing care:
|Amount of funds||Processing volume||Appointment|
|200 ml||10 m 3||When operating the filter system|
|100 ml||10 m 3||For prophylaxis|
|600 ml||10 m 3||For emergency destruction of a large number of algae.|
- The product must be stored in a dark, dry place at a temperature of +5 0 to +25 degrees.
Tip # 1.Note! When frozen, the drug loses its properties and becomes useless.
- It is important to monitor the integrity of the packaging,
- At work, individual means are used so that the liquid does not get on the skin or eyes. If such a drug happens, wash off with plenty of water and consult a doctor.
Preparing the pool for work:
- Treat the inner surface with a 5% solution,
- Pour water and optimize to pH 7.5.
- Place a loading dose of 500 ml per 10 m 3 in the filled pool
How to care for water in the pool, the recommended dosage of the drug, based on the volume of 10 m 3.
- Ежедневная доза – для закрытой конструкции — 30 мл, открытой – 50 мл,
- Первая интенсивная обработка после профилактического внесения – 150 мл,
- When mass reproduction of algae - 500 ml of this drug with the addition of chlorine-containing substances
Unlike Algaecide Ultra Liquid (Crystal Pool), this product successfully tolerates freezing and does not lose its beneficial properties. In contact with skin, allergic reactions and other harmful effects have not been established. Despite this, work is best done with latex or rubber gloves and safety glasses.
- has no smell and taste,
- does not create foam
- there are no substances harmful to humans,
- validity period is long
- when interacting with heat and light, does not lose the necessary qualities,
- does not change the acid-base balance of water,
- successfully combined with all compounds containing chlorine.
- Before filling with water, a 2% solution of the agent is applied to the inner coating.
- The first cleaning after filling the pool with water - 150 ml / 10 m 3,
- Daily (for the same volume) - 150 ml,
- The loading dose for the appearance of greenery is 700 ml / 10 m 3.
Observance of precautionary measures:
- Transport and store in a hermetically sealed, vertically located container,
- Save no more than two years from the date indicated on the package. at a temperature not lower than + 1 0
- Do not mix with other chemicals.
Desalgine® C Algicide (Bayrol)
Another preparation of the ammonium group, does not contain chlorine, has a high inhibitory effect on the simplest biological organisms.
For preventive treatment of the pool before filling it with water, the product is applied to the walls and bottom. The concentration of the solution is 300 g per 10 l of water. The drug forms a protective film, which should completely dry.
Doses of an expense:
- Immediately after filling the pool with water - 150 ml for every 10 m 3 of water,
- With daily care of the outdoor pool 50 ml / 10 m 3,
- At the first appearance of algae or turbidity - 250 ml / 10 m 3 with the addition of the drug "Chloriklar" in the amount of 10 tablets, or "Chlorifix 60" 200 g.
- If the pool is used by a large number of people, when it rains heavily or evaporates in the heat, the dosage is increased by 1.2-1.5 times.
- The drug is aggressive in contact with the skin, mucous membrane, eyes. Therefore, the concentrate must be used carefully, using PPE (personal protective equipment). If exposed to open areas of the body, rinse with plenty of water and consult a doctor,
- Keep in a cool place, out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not mix with chemicals not specified in the instructions.
In addition to the protective and cleansing function, algaecides affect the consistency of water. Most popular are those that do not form viscous bubbles. The list of such drugs includes:
- AquaDoctor AC - a means to prevent and destroy algae, bacteria, fungal pathogens in pools. One treatment is enough for 2 months.
- BayrolDesalgine Jet - not only does not foam, but there is no chlorine and heavy metals in the composition.
- Chlorifix (Chlorifix) - a drug that is recommended to be used when the pool is not used. For example, in the evening, the product is poured all night. Until morning, chlorine contained in the product destroys algae and evaporates without harming people.
About the property to form foam or not, is indicated in the instructions for the drug.
Pool Owner Reviews
- Vyacheslav Maksimovich (pogorely, Saratov region)
Since I built the pool, I have been using Aquatics Algicide, very pleased. If you follow the instructions and do not start cleaning, the water will always be clean and transparent.
- Konstantin Vsevolodovich (town. Svetlovodovskoye, Leningrad Region)
I tried several algicides, but everyone irritates the skin, until I can pick up a completely safe drug.